Saturday, May 1, 2010

Song of Prayer/ Prayer of Song

Heard this song in the car with S really love it! Reminds me even in times of stress or sorrow, or when chains of yesterday (as the song says) surround you, to keep my eyes on him and trust that I can handle anything with his love-- that the things I go through are for my good. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  I am very thankful today for having S in my life, we were just saying today what perfect timing. :)  Love you!

Here I am Lord and I'm drowning,
In your sea of forgetfulness,
The chains of yesterday surround me,
I yearn for peace and rest.
I don't want to end up where you found me,
And it echoes in my mind,
Keeps me awake tonight...

I know you've cast my sins as far as
the East is to the West,
And I stand before you now 
As though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm one mistake away 
From you leaving me this way....

I know you've washed me white,
Turned my darkness into light,
I need your peace to get me through 
To get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel 
But by the truth your word reveals
I'm not holding onto you 
But You're Holding onto me...

No comments:

Post a Comment