Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Put me in Coach...

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I grew up around sports and was always a tomboy growing up with a Coach for a Dad, so it's no wonder I'm addicted to all things active.  I will try any sport once and will probably end up falling in love with it... Exhibit A Triathlons, Exhibit B Soccer.... and that is just recently.  I've played softball, volleyball, swimmer, basketball, cheerleader, and the list goes on.

I've also always loved nutrition and think it is the BEST reward to have someone message you and ask what you do to get fit and want advice.  I love checking back with people and seeing the progress they've made, or encouraging them to try something new like a triathlon or race.

One day I hope to coach kids or help more people reach their health goals.  Nerdy engineer by day, Fitness Aficionado by night?  That being said wanted to give a little example of my ideal week lately, and since the wedding is coming up soon and the goal of "toned and tan" this will help me remember what my plan is (this doesn't include my sports, usually have soccer 1-2 times a week and softball game 1 time a week so will adjust schedule accordingly so I'm not worn out):

Monday:  Spin 45 minute high intensity class & Swim 15-30 minutes.
Tuesday: Run in am then afternoon "Sculpting" full body toning class
Wednesday: 45 minute high intensity spin class & short run if want to do "brick workout"
Thursday:  Run in am then afternoon Swim 30 minutes
Friday: Rest day
Saturday:  Group Bike Ride 30-45 miles
Sunday: Some form of resistance training or whatever needs work.

Best thing to do is listen to your body and make sure you EAT enough...  (of the good stuff of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment