Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Downtime

I rarely get down time.  I've been going constantly for the past two and a half months and finally got a weekend to be at home.  But one of my favorite things to do no matter how crazy life is, is read... and this weekend I did a lot of it, along with dancing and tailgating of course!

Recent Reads in the past 2 months:

  • Finished the entire Sookie Stackhouse sereis. (Yes all 9 or 10 books)
  • Relentless by Dean Koontz
  • The Key to Midnight Dean Koontz
  • Under the Dome Stephen King
  • Running Scared by Lisa Jackson
  • and 3 of the House of the Dead Books my sister left at my house. 
I usually stick to Dean Koontz and Stephen King and other variations throughout the fiction section that catch my eye.  I'm starting to run out of authors though ahhh! There is something about reading that can calm my mind and put me right in the story no matter what else is going on in my life.  It's a way to relax and unplug from tv, internet, phone, and just use that big ol brain God gave you.

Of course you don't have to go to the extreme I have and read 17 books in 2 ;)  What are some authors or books you suggest?  Below is T and I from this weekend showing our inner nerd for everyone to see :P Fitting huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment