Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cliche

Ever hear someone say "everything happens for a reason" and just wonder if the person just ran out of words of encouragement or pulled the most appropriate cliche saying they could find out of their head... well I'm sure that is true part of the time, but over the last couple of weeks I've been shown that yes, you do go through things for a reason.

A person who shall not be named is/ was going through a very similar relationship problem I had a long time ago. She had every reason to let go but couldn't take the last step without talking it out and having someone understand her every emotion and reasoning. She just didn't know how to let go. That morning she prayed for God to show her how to let go... and that afternoon she talked with me. I was able to empathize and help her figure out the best way to let go. It seems simple stated like that, but making that final step of completely putting someone out of your life you thought you knew and loved is difficult. As I was reminded seeing her inner conflict played out in front of me.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, thinking someone can change, or wanting to believe a person's words instead of actions and evidence. I would never want to change being an optimistic person or trying to love on others no matter their past or faults, but there are also times to let go and know when someone is not good and won't change. Time to cut the cord that is pulling you down with them.

She's said repeatedly "if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have made that final step, I prayed to God this morning to show me how to let go, and you were here. It gives me that much more hope and faith knowing you went through the exact same things and how happy you are now, just shows you did go through those things for a reason. Without you I wouldn't have been able to do it..."

That was a pretty awesome moment, and at that moment I was happy for all the things bad and good I've experienced, that I could help someone older than me going through the hardest point in her life.

So keep your head up, keep fighting, one day you'll look back and see that was the worst and best thing to happen to you, but worth every moment to be as happy as you are now, and to be able to help someone else. Everything happens for a reason, it must have become cliche and used for a reason right?

No comments:

Post a Comment