Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting Unplugged

So I finally took the plunge and disconnected my cable!! I don't know why I didn't do this forever ago... I never watch tv and if I do it's a movie, which my bf has so graciously put onto my external hard drive... So with that $100+ dollars in my pocket each month... I can really use it to start saving for a scuba trip once I'm certified in a few weeks!!

If going without tv means I get to see this beautiful place first hand, I say what the hey!

Just makes you think... what else can YOU do to simplify your life to make room for greater rewards and adventures!  Don't get stuck on the couch every moment of your free time, get out enjoy natural beauty. :)

2 comments:

  1. I cancelled my cable over a year ago and haven't looked back. Plus with internet (which i assume you still have?) you can stream from the internet if you really want to watch something... We go days without turning the TV on, sometimes weeks, aside from weekend movies. It really has been a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! The bf has inspired me, he doesn't have cable either... so figured I should just go ahead and do it

    ReplyDelete